The Purposes of the Association Are To:
– Protect the welfare and advance the professional interests of its members.
– Help set and promote the educational objectives of the Willoughby-Eastlake City School system and of the state and of the nation.
– Provide an opportunity for a continuous study of problems of our profession.
– Maintain and promote the Code of Ethics of the Education Profession as adopted by the OEA and NEA.
– Aid in the maintenance of adequate school revenue (funding).
– Promote cooperation in beneficial activities.
– Improve the professional, economic, social, and civic status of school employees.
– Form a representative body to speak with authority for the school employees.
– Provide means by which members of the Association may help to form policies that govern the school system.